13 December 2010

Holidays Are Here


We're off and running on our end of year fun. 

The boys have finished school for the year, L starts kindergarten next year which means 5 days a week for him, wow big school and J continues 2 days next year at preschool.  This means that for the first time in almost 6 years I will have child free days.  I can't tell you how excited I am that I get to spend 2 days next year doing anything I want without a child asking me for my attention. Yeah!

In the meantime we started our Christmas celebrations last week with school concerts and school carols night.  Our Xmas street party was on Saturday in our corner park and then F and I went to friends' Xmas drinks on Saturday night.

It is so warm and sunny at the moment, so both days were spent swimming and eating lost of salads and fruit.

Ah Christmas in Australia, I don't think there is a better way to celebrate it than enjoying parties on balmy nights and days by the water.

I hope your end of year celebrations are being enjoyed as much as we are.

Have a happy day.

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your free time lovely...you wont know yourself...make sure you always squeeze in some special time for yourself...I find my kid free days Im still focusing on the house, cooking, kids...so its nice to make a point of treating ones self now and then :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sounds lovely, I'll have 2 child free days a week next year too, really looking forward to the chance to get stuff done! We've had a big run of school concerts, parties, preschool picnic and parties, playgroup party, friends' birthday parties phew, all settles down after Wednesday! Lets get together over the hols after Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy-fun time of year for your family. I've always wondered what it's like to celebrate Christmas in the summer! So different than the snowy ones we have here but I'm sure just as festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like great fun. I am sure you will enjoy some child free days next year. We have 4more sleeps til the end of school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a different Christmas to the one I'm used to in Scotland. One day I'd like to experience Christmas in the sun, by the pool or at the beach.
    Happy holidays x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have had one morning a week to myself this past term...it has been bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it sounds idyllic, and two days child-free - oh my you won't know yourself! I hope you thoroughly enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete